Getting in touch:
- I prefer Signal, SMS, Semaphor, Slack, OTR and voice calls to email. (I get a lot of email!)
- I don’t treat my email inbox like a to-do list, and tend to respond to emails based on priority rather than the order I’ve received them. Priority is a function of the joy it brings me to respond, the importance of the message, urgency,* how busy I am, the necessity of a response,** and whether it’s easier to reply in a different channel.
- This is normally a pretty efficient and relatively stress-free approach to dealing with email, and it helps keep me in touch with my values. Some things invariably get left by the wayside, so feel free to send a nudge. If it takes a while for me to get back to you, please know that I’m grateful for your patience.
If you need to email me:
- Personal correspondence goes to my name at gmail.com. Here is my public key.
- For Citizen Lab related work, email lex at citizenlab dot ca. It has a separate public key.
- For CCLA related work, email lgill at ccla.org.
- You can find me on LinkedIn and Twitter.