By Billy-Ray Belcourt (2017), via Matthew Ogle’s Pome.
Towards a Theory of Decolonization
1. forget everything you’ve learned about love.
2. investment is the social practice whereby one risks losing it all
to be part of something that feels like release. lose everything
3. indian time is a form of time travel. a poetics of lateness.
4. i never liked goodbyes, but some of us aren’t here to stay.
5. superstition is a mode of being in the world that keeps ghosts like
me in the living room.
6. the afterlife is the after party: a choreography of mangled bodies.
7. i made a poem out of dirt and ate it.